Friday 1 December 2017

CRIME THRILLER REVIEW: Playing With Death - Simon Scarrow and Lee Francis

Release Date: 13/07/17
Publisher:  Headline

SYNOPSIS:

'This fast, furious, twisty thriller kept me on the edge of my seat' Chris Ryan

'If Stephen King had collaborated with Michael Crichton on a thriller, it might have been as good as this' Peterborough Evening Telegraph

FBI Special Agent Rose Blake has faced evil and survived.

Haunted by a failed undercover mission, Rose can't shake the memory of her close encounter with a ruthless serial killer - one who could strike again without warning.

Then comes the call to investigate a suspected arson attack that's left a man dead. Rose fears the worst: that a cold-blooded killer has carried out the perfect murder. A killer with a terrifying imagination and the intelligence to stay one step ahead at every stage. She knows only one thing about him: that he will kill again.

Rules will have to be broken. And the clock is ticking...


REVIEW:

I have to say that I was looking forward to this title from Simon Scarrow and Lee Francis as I've loved spending individual time with each author. However I have to sadly say that for me, this title really didn't work. The principle character was not one I could associate with, I felt that she was flat and all round as many readers of my reviews will know, that's a massive deal breaker for me.

Add to this an overall arc that was fairly flat, bringing nothing new to the Thriller genre and feeling like it was overly simplistic as well as being to predictable finally left me wondering why I even took the time to finish it.

No comments: