Sunday 16 October 2016

FANTASY REVIEW: Empire of Storms 1: Hope and Red - Jon Skovron

Release Date: 20/06/16
Publisher: Orbit

SYNOPSIS:

HOPE, the lone survivor of a village massacred by the emperor's forces, is secretly trained as a warrior and instrument of vengeance.

RED, an orphan adopted by a notorious matriarch of the criminal underworld, learns to be an expert thief and con artist.

Together they will take down an empire.


REVIEW:

I read this title a while ago and whilst I enjoyed it I wanted time to think it through. There were so many things I loved about if from the outstanding cast of members with their own individual personalities helping to form the world in which they inhabitted, the colourful underbelly of society and of course the almost purity of one of the heroes of the tale.

Its dark, has some deliciously tantalising action sequences, cracking dialogue and of course not forgetting the top notch prose and a pace that if I had to pick a problem with the book whilst OK could be worked on so that we didn't have so many action scenes tightly packed with barely a moment to gather your breath.

It is well written, I have loved spending the time in this world and I really can't wait to see what the evil Biomancers have in store for our heroes next or how their actions will shape the world. Cracking.

No comments: